What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Coyotes by Don Edwards

from "Grizzly Man," a documentary that is actually worth some serious shit (and is hilarious at the same time), unlike fucking march of the fucking penguins. It gives "Una Palabra" a run for the best song ever, especially in the land of soundtracks. I might just be a country fucker, though.

Was a cowboy I knew in south Texas,
his face was burned deep by the sun,
Part history, part sage, part Mexican;
he was there when Pancho Villa was young.

And he'd tell you a tale of the old days,
when the country was wild all around
Sit out under the stars of the Milky Way
and listen when the coyotes howl.

Oooh Yip oooh yip whoooo.

Now the longhorns are gone,
the drovers are gone, the Comanches are gone,
Geronimo's gone, the lion is gone
and the red wolf is gone.

Well, he cursed all the roads and the oil
men and he cursed the automobile,
Said this is no place for an hombre like I am
in this new world of asphalt and steel.

Then he'd look off some place in the distance,
at something only he could see
He'd say "All that's left of the old days
is the damned old coyote and me."

One morning they searched his adobe,
he disappeared without even a word.
But that night as the moon crossed the mountain,
one more coyote was heard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home