What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Things learned from the Indiana game

1. Rashad McCants wants to win more than anyone on our team. He is clutch. He may press, but he does it out of a desire to succeed -- unlike those on our team who panic and/or get caught up in the excitement. (BTW, did anyone see after he got called for the offensive foul setting that pick, he was on the bench talking to Sean about the dude who drew it on him, saying "Oh yeah, I'm gonna fuck him up." That's the attitude most of our team lacks.)

2. Ray doesn't lack it. He wants to win bad. That said, he's still very stupid. Too stupid to be an elite point guard, right now. BUT, it's good to FINALLY see him taking (and making) clutch shots.

3. Our energy sucked. Big surprise.

4. Marvin is BY FAR the most aggresive player on our team. It would be one thing it it were close, but it's not.

5. Melvin is the worst defensive player I've ever seen. If a guy beats him (which involves not making a move, but simply moving) he just grabs them with his hands. It's pathetic.

6. What happened to Jackie?


overall, our team is weird. They are frustrating as all get out. They can be phenomenal, and they can suck. And they do both with regularity. Our defense was pretty good, save for a ridiculously poor effort on the defensive boards. It seems we are in for an interesting ride, one that I fear, will in the end expose our mental weakness as our tragic flaw. To me, it's clear this team doesn't have "it." I hope they prove me wrong, starting this weekend with Kentucky (though, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 15+).


2 Comments:

Blogger david said...

You go-fight-win boys are so damn pessimistic.

Read this

10:34 AM

 
Blogger david said...

dammit...links don't work in comments...

http://davidforsythe.blogspot.com/2004/12/anyone-feeling-down.html

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home