What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Friday, February 11, 2005

done, done, DONE!!!

Yes, ladies and gents, I am officially done with Drug Education School, perhaps the worst and most expensive way to spend a Friday afternoon ever. This makes me very happy. It is okay for you to feel happy for me, too.

Today all we did was watch the movie Traffic and talk about it a bit.

I'd seen it before, but here are some thoughts I had:

I really like the cinematography. Mexico=yellow, DC=blue. In itself, that is very, very cool. I don't quite know why this is done, but it's unique, and therefore props are doled out.

Sometimes they overdo the whole interconnectedness of everything (like the fact that the U.S. drug czar has an aboslutely coked-out. crackwhore of a daughter and that some scenes show characters passing "incidentally" in the normal course of their different lives). But once again, at the same time it has a very cool feel to it, so I'm gonna give it a thumbs up. You should too, if you have artisitic sense. (I don't, btw)

overall, it is a very real and scary look at the impact of drugs. As an important aside, I seriously hate it when people laugh in scenes that MIGHT be considered funny -- IF you don't consider how fucking REAL and SAD they are supposed to be. This movie has more than a few of those. And I can guarantee you they don't want you to laugh, 'cause they aren't trying to be funny.

Anyways, if you haven't seen it, you should check it out. It's a pretty damn good movie, with a damn complex plot, and a lot of real-life significance to make the "wheels in the sky keep on turnin'" .... (Journey will take you on a fucking journey...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home