What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

as your haughty guide to all things Internet

I just want to make sure you all are aware of wikipedia.com (which you probably are, if you are alive). But if not, it's an online encyclopedia with all its articles written by normal folks who just sumbit what they know about a given topic. As such, it's certainly not beyond repute, but as it involves normal folks who CARE about the detailed things they are writing about (i.e. the veritable 'experts' on each subject), and it is well monitored by said folks, I generally think it's the shit.

also, I haven't had any reason to use it yet, but if some research paper ever comes calling, Google Scholar is the way to go. And yes, we're getting engaged next month.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Bernal said...

I've got to say, I'm a Yahoo! guy myself. But I do have a question that I really really want an answer to: what does the "I'm feeling lucky" icon mean and why would I ever want to click that vs. the search that would be far more broad?

3:28 AM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

oh you google novices....

Clicking on the "I'm feeling lucky" icon takes you straight to the site that would have been listed number one on a normal search. So it's a time saving device. And it's awesome.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

oh, also I too have a deep love for Yahoo!, but it is related strictly to fantasy sports.

In light of that alone, I might like Yahoo! more than Google. Hyprocrite! Blasphamy!

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Chris Bernal said...

That's definitely the reason I like Yahoo! more; it's all about the sports baby!!!!

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home