What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

It's like the Lord of the Rings battle .... TIMES 10!!!

(first of all, I hope somebody besides Rell gets that reference, which by me saying it, probably gives it away). Second of all it kind of loses all its humor because it deals with my life, on very serious levels. But if you can't laugh at life, well then life is gonna suck for you.

I thought about titling this post "decisions," cause that's what it is. I interviewed today for a job I would love to get (on pins and needles, fingers-crossed until this weekend). However, even if I get it, it has no definite location attached. All I need is el Internet. And it pays not well. At all. So I am stuck with an excruciatingly hard decision, stuck in Limbo one might say. I can stay in CH (location to be determined and moving carried out ALL in the midst of finals) or return home (presumably via Gus if he's got it in him -- yeah right) and work for the local paper (Junior College World Series, what). So you see my dilemma. Basically, I pay out of my pocket to stay here and the bank account takes a huge hit it can't really afford, but I get to be in a town with friends or I go live with the Rentals for free and work a job at an actual newspaper like I prob should before I give it all up. (oh yeah, for those of you who don't know yet, I'm entertaining law school thoughts b/c I THINK I hate journalism).

I'm struggling enough with this to solicit comments/lobbying campaigns from any and all of my blog readership. The only problem is I don't think any of my family reads this, so the friends voice might be a little disproportionate. But that's okay, I don't think I could handle a tie and still maintain my loose grasp on reality.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

I'll be the first I guess. Personally I think you will rue the day you ever enter law school. You really have to want to do Law School and actually like the law to actually go. Somehow I don't see this from you. I know you like to write and maybe writing for a paper is not the way, but being a lawyer in any capacity just doesn't seem to fit you. IMHO.

8:44 PM

 
Blogger Chris Bernal said...

Just remember that home isn't Southern California (or even Boise, ID for that matter). It's a nice place, but GJ is GJ is GJ is GJ. Don't let the prolonged absence fool you, it is what it is and even that might be an overstatement.

3:28 AM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

nobody cares ;-)

nah, y'all have been great. For whatever reason, probably the fact that it's instant, IM has been the method of choice for y'all's (two apostrophes in one word, AWESOME) advice.

Just wanted to ensure everyone that I'm only a big and not a huge loser.

6:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home