What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Sports class wasn't all bad

Before class, I had my most extended conversation ever with my long-lost 38-year-old hottie. Turns out she was really hyper from being up early (4 a.m. -- see, I get details now) in order to ready her garden for some committee coming to tour it. She said 1500 people were gonna walk through it in the next few weeks. So I guess she's got a pretty cool garden. Girl's got money it would appear -- and she wears those expensive/hip shoes that Kerri? does in Sex and the City to boot (and Ana is the only reason I know that, I swear. Though it is a quality show, I just prefer sports).

She also proceeded to lecture me (and I accepted it in Mrs. Robinsonesque fashion) on various topics. First we talked about how she knows "ZERO" about sports. "I didn't even know McCants until last New Year's Eve. Everyone was like McCants, McCants, McCants. And I was like, who the hell is McCants?" She particularly doesn't like how sports is the only thing people actually talk about on campus, especially since it is of such little consequence (at which point, I felt compelled to withold from expressing their criticality to my existence). But then we talked about what people would unify around if it wasn't sports, and the alternatives were not very appealing either. In particular, she expressed her extreme desire to avoid at all costs the discussion of politics, namely the ill-informed, non-experience or real-life born, simply regurgitated opinions that are so common among the vast majority of kids here. Maybe we are true soulmates after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Bernal said...

"(at which point, I felt compelled to withold from expressing their criticality to my existence)"

Perfect.

That is all.

3:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home