What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Friday, January 28, 2005

I apologize

I don't know what excuse there is for not having shared the enriching experience of Drug Education School with y'all. Please excuse my lack of forethought.

That said, the happenings and perusings today's class gave birth to:

"First a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man."--Japanese proverb

Canadians are cool, on the whole.

"Wherever you find four Catholics, you'll find a fifth."

After awhile, people's shoes and the second hand can become very entertaining.

There's a girl in my class who looks identical (and acts identical) to that really really really really annoying (and not funny) girl on Kids in the Hall--or whatever that shitty show on Comedy Central is.

Had to teach my "professor" that BAC is already a percent, and therefore a .40 BAC does NOT mean that 40 percent of your blood is alcohol, an idea that seems pretty easy to understand to me.

and for you chemistry buffs with an understanding of molecular composition, "Ether is a double shot without the chaser." The chaser being H20.

There was a girl wearing a read jacket, orange pants, and yellow shoes. She looked like a rain.

"Saw a dude in the bathroom pouring a beer into the toilet. I asked him what he was doing. He said, 'I'm just sick of being the middle man.'"

Two good commercials: 1. "Mr. Johnson, if I'd have known you were an attorney, I never would have made that joke." 2. Adrenalitis.

Theo Fleury was a good hockey player, but kind of sucked for the Avalanche. And, yes, I REALLY miss hockey.

Apparantly there was a CNN story a few weeks ago about a man with a .916 BAC level, still coherent (i.e. not dead). Now logically, this is insane and makes no sense. As the guy who presented it admitted. Still, he swore he saw it. I can't seem to dig it up, though it would be a pretty neat article if any of you feel like hunting. I found one thing that said .74 was the highest recorded BAC but made no mention of the patient, and another that said. .48 was the highest recorded figure for someone still alive.

L.A. is a pretty girl.

Adam Van Dyke was a funny man.

I'm not averse at all to the idea of slowing down. And as always, I'd LOVE a gf as an alternative.


stay tuned for next week's edition....




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your perpetual search for a girlfriend amazes me. it's so uncharacteristic of a college-age male...

laci

8:21 PM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

yeah, I'm pretty much the exception to every rule

3:54 PM

 
Blogger Rell said...

i'm currently in a perpetual search for a girlfriend -- and I graduate last year!

8:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home