What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I can't tell you how happy I was to hear this afternoon that John York actually grew some balls and decided to make some changes around 49erville. Speculation for so long would be that he would once again cave under the pressure of (gasp!) spending money and again niner fans would have to suffer the slings and arrows of watching the excellence of days gone by fade under the wilting efforts of a team far from DECENT even. But alas, he did what he had to do. Even though it took him far longer than it should have, and a downright embarassing team to do it.

Anyways, I feel lifted. This is great. I expected to spend the next few months wallowing in sorrow with no optimism in sight, inculding a dreadful draft in which we would probably draft Leinhart if he comes out, or screw it up in some other way if he didn't. Instead, DEER is gone, which alone is a far bigger victory than the grand total of TWO we had during the season. And GM Donahue is gone, too, so hopefully a hire better than Dennis friggen Erickson and draft picks better than Kwame Harris and Rashaun Woods loom in the future.

The key, of course, is...who do we get? PLEEEEEEEEEEASE be someone good....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home