What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

quick hitter

While perhaps it would be appropriate to expect a tome-lengthed dissertion on our miraculous win Sunday against dook, there are a few reasons that will not be happening. One, I only live in the past when living in the past means pain. Two, I simply don't have the time (indeed, I'm only here to avoid writing the paper rearing its ugly head at me). Three, and most importantly, I cannot really dissect how I feel.

In general, I don't have feelings, as most of you know. Only Tar Heel basketball truly makes me feel, but perhaps due to its overwhelming influence, I feel as if I am caught in the vortex of the storm. I am shocked, dazed, frazzled, and I cannot sort my thoughts from my feelings or my feelings from random electrically-induced spasms. I am too wrapped up, too affected to have any sort of identifiable perspective.

That said, my thoughts:

Sean May, I adore you. You deserve good things.

47 points in the first half, 58 with 8 minutes left in the second. What happened? Seriously, what happened?

Great comeback. I'd given up. EVERYTHING had to happen perfectly. It did. Mad props to the team for believing -- and DOING.

Melvin Scott, nothing but curse words.

Ray, in big games, don't try too hard. And at the same time, try harder. That is the mystifying paradox I have with you.

Reyshawn, thanks for making our only 3 (and for crashing the boards on a couple plays, keeping one ball alive and almost completing a beautiful tip). There are those of us out there who wish you would play instead of (insert euphemism here).

Along those lines, we really need Rashad. Like bad. Of course he makes us worlds better offensively, but that's not all. Get better fast.

Marvin. So clutch. Prolly a bad, rushed shot. But if you've got the composure to take it, and the talent to make it, as a true freshman, more power to you.

Coach K's sarcastic clapping at the freaking HORN operator. Coach K cussing out refs who then apologize to him. Coach K screaming at Kirschner. Larry Rose tossing Scott Williams, Roy's son, for riding him. These are things I will remember.

I don't like how dook isn't good, but is actually really good at the same time.

Best. Game. I've. Ever. Seen.

And lastly, Thank You, whoever You may be. I am scared to think about what would have happened to me in the alternative case. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home