What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

the week in (semi) brief

First order of business: It’s my sister’s birthday! Happy Birthday, Laura! Love you and wish I could be there to celebrate!

Doomsday: Tomorrow it all unravels (and I could mean that on soooo many basketball levels). As well, it may apply to my first trip to P-Bob's for a Lazy Afternoon. Stories will certainly happen.

Loquaciousness: I have been blogging a lot (I’m sure you’ve noticed). I don’t know why. The past few weeks have just had an abnormal amount of important things, I think. The level of production is sure to decrease. Fear not.

Ben and Jerry’s abomination: I hate people. This much has become obvious. As king appreciator of all things free and outspoken hater of all corporate rip-offs (starfucks, especially), free ice-cream day would normally produce the fuzziest of emotions in my insides. And in fact it did, props to Ben and Jerry for having some scruples. But sheesh, how sheeplike will people be simply for a cold dessert? People were waiting 45 minutes to an HOUR to get one measly scoop of free ice cream!!! I’m sorry, but that’s ridiculous. I could hear the bleating from across the street.

Slicing my finger open on my razor: I did this, and I wasn’t shaving. And it hurt.

Biol 11 girls: This was a highlight. As I was walking across campus I see two girls in front of me walking towards me. Suddenly they stop, animated looks on their faces. As I approach, I can hear one say, “Which is that? Dang, I KNOW this.” The other is craning her head to hear something and scanning the tree above them. Girl number 1 suddenly blurts out, “Northern Cardinal! It’s a Northern Cardinal.” Sure enough, Girl number 2 has just located it and is pointing out the brilliant red bird above them. Gotta love Biol 11.

My history: Not quite sure this has the greatest application, but it’s Google, so benefit of the doubt. I’ll be sure to try it (just like Picasa, which is working out) if you care to inquire.

Reminder:

“I'm reminded again at just how amazing the freshman of 1994 were. Three of those players - Joe Smith, Jerry Stackhouse and Rasheed Wallace - were 1st team All-Americans in their second season, with Smith being named ACC and national POY. If that's not enough talent, you know who else was in that freshman class, but hadn't received quite as much attention yet? A guy you may remember named Tim Duncan.”
The ACC has been home to some pretty amazing stories, this being one of them.


I hate the Yankees:
This isn’t sports. Read this and you can’t possibly justify being a fan of this team, IMO. Wait, I didn’t mean team, I meant monopoly.

Spanish substitutes: That’s right, in the past two weeks I’ve had TWO substitute teachers in my Spanish class. WTF? I thought learning in college couldn’t take place without the original professor. Needless to say, I was quite peeved. But the second time it was Celina, and I love that lady so it was okay.

Smokers: Smokers, as a general category of people, suck. If you smoke, stop. Even if it’s " just when you party.”"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home