What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Monday, April 25, 2005

weekend redux

so, it was quite the weekend, and worthy of a quick recap

Friday saw my first "Lazy Afternoon" ever. Yes, that's right. Chris, Alex and I ventured into the foreign territory represented by all things Greek, and spent the afternoon/evening wasting away at Pantana Bob's (also a first). Talk about strangers in a strange land. I told you, Greek is not DTM.

But, it turned out to actually be a very nice little Friday. The interactions were a little bit awkward, but I didn't hate them all (well, I hardly ever hate the girls THAT much). Plus, it turns out that it wasn't a "Lazy" afternoon, but a "Wasted" afternoon, so that probably aided with the social lubricant. Plus, I may have found a way to recoup the lost tech-vest, so that's more money. We spent the nightime hours at the BBQ on Carver street, where all of us reached and exceeded high levels of intoxication. I walked home with Dude Searcy, tried to do a cartwheel and fell pretty hard (I've got the cuts to prove it), ate at Cosmic, and went to bed with no idea that Saturday could be Friday's equal.

But it was.

Sabado Gigante, to be honest, was merely Sabado Medio-Gigante. Searcyfest was just Searcy-hang-out. And it still rocked. Lots of beer pong was played. Lots by yours truly (and an unacceptable number of losses). There weren't that many people, but the key ones made some appearances, and the night was a success. The walk home saw many things, as drunken talk turned serious. I think I ended up peeing outside of Lewis Dorm (which was a very stupid decision), but I made amends for it by discussing with Jimmy -- in the cold -- the most contentious issues of theology and my problems with my own faith until after 4 in the morning. Nick even joined in at the end. To say the least, it was interesting....a journey even.

And that was my weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

A journey it was.

9:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home