What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

bizarro world

I passed a biker while running today. While running uphill. While struggling significantly to run uphill. It didn't feel right at all, because I know I wasn't going fast, and yet in just a quarter mile or so I reeled him in. I didn't know what to do and even slowed down so I could figure out the proper passing method. Are you supposed to say something in that situation -- or would that make you an arrogant boob? I said nothing, and decided against making eye contact.

now, he was probably doing some super workout or experiencing some mechanical trouble, but I prefer to think of myself as a superhuman who, for a brief two minute stretch, lived at a pace decidedly faster than the rest of the world. Of course the damn cars seemed normal, so there goes that theory of glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home