What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

"I'll let you go"

I love when people say this, or better yet, when I do.

It's bullshit at it's absolute finest. And I'll tell you why.

It's a complete lie. People only say "I'll let you go" when THEY are the ones who need to go. It's supposed to be a polite way to end a conversation. And people use it that way and then think they are clever and smooth. The only problem is I see right through it. I know their game, and I don't appreciate it.

I see that you are in a hurry and care not to proceed with our convo. Were I not my assholish self, I would say, "I don't mean to keep you" (which, ironically, is often used as a substitute for "I'll let you go") and send you on your way, but instead I'd prefer to stay here and draw out our mindless banter (maybe even begin a new line of discussion) purely to watch you dangle in awkwardness. Finally, at your wit's end and probably late, you are forced to pull out the life-saver -- only this time, it backfires. Like this, is DTM.

But enough of me, I'll let you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home