What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Monstrous sunglasses

Yeah they're de moda. Yeah, it's hip. Stylish. En vogue. Whatever.

I'll tell you what: bullshit.

I am going to laugh so hard in 30 years when you look back at these pictures of monstrosities covering 3/4 of your face (to what end? I think the idea is to keep sun from getting into your EYES) and cower in shame. But here's the real joke. You look like that right now. Yeah, you look silly. Downright ridiculous. Even if everyone else plays along, I don't. You walk past me and I laugh. I laugh at you and your inability to see the fool you are so willingly making of yourself.

I mean seriously, look at yourself. If you can see around those things.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Tellez said...

You say that now, but just wait. Weren't big Jackie-O glasses all the rage in the 60's/70's? 30 years later, they're back in Vogue. Fashion is a never-ending cycle.

5:12 PM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

I understand that -- but that's my point at the same time. They looked ridiculous then, were made fun of for 30 years, and then, poof, everyone wants a pair? Come on.

I'm just saying, from my always-right, wise-man-of-the-world pedestal, I can see through this fad (and the one 30 years from now) to say, "hold on a second, you look like crap in those things, and 6 months from now, you'll agree with me." And more than that, strictly as a fad it sucks. There have been so many better ones, including the striped socks of the '80s.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger David Tellez said...

Were they made fun of? I dont remember...but then again, I'm only 20.

And in 6 month's I guess I'll have to come back here to prove you wrong...sigh...

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home