What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Hilarious

a true genius, his words leap off the page and tickle the soul -- JJ Redick, the single best poet in the history of writing? Without a doubt, I think so.

Check the lyrical evidence:

"Searching for the face of God
I'm only inspired by the poems of Nas"

he's a true scholar of one of the world's already recognized lettered GIANTS; the one, the only, Nas

"Suddenly the bars connect to walls
and I find myself contained inside life's prison"

is he taking a sublty, cleverly veiled shot at his rival McCants? Clearly.

"I went blow for blow, I went face to face
Now the devil knows, I'm able to escape"

how did he convince K?

"Three sisters have influenced my poetic verses"

what happened to Nas? I thought he was the shizznit.

"I can't see what my future has in store
but I move forth with the strength of a condor"

I know they are in danger of extinction, but I assume condors are pretty fucking mighty, right? Aren't they? Anyone from the Audubon here?

"My mind and body united like the Colors of Benneton"

a simile beyond the scope of comprehension, in fact beyond life itself...he's so deep, it's magical

"I've changed others through and through
And my son, I'll do the same to you"

he is God's instrument on Earth. We are so lucky.

"and everyone will know my name
But I think he's insane"

We think "he's" insane too. Nobody will know his name after about 3 years in the NBA. And why don't we capitalize He all of a sudden? Are we talking about K again? Or God? Is there a difference?

"It's difficult to fathom the coming of the rapture
What if I awoke in an empty pasture?"

I'm sorry, those lines just suck. Really bad. What's so horrific about waking up in an empty pasture? Seems kind of peaceful to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home