What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Monday, May 09, 2005

the insulting asterisk

please, I possess a modicum of intelligence. Moreover, I am not-judgemental, at least not to the extent that you ever need worry about a simple typo. Therefore, I ask: do not correct yourself should you slightly misspell a word while chatting with me. Quite honestly, and I do mean this, I find it insulting. Beileve me, it's not htat hard to undrstand. *assholes.

And if you claim to do it out of pride instead of a desire to clarify, well, that might even be sadder -- you should have enough self-confidence to never feel compelled to correct a simple typo as if it somehow reflects on your person.

Along the same lines though, I am a grammar dictator. The use of two, to, too; your, you're; ITS, IT'S; their, they're; and like words, while occasionally typos (and therefore excusable), are truly taken (by me) as signs of ignorance when used with too much frequency. So be careful -- aka not stupid.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"hey guys, I agree!"

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Jimmy said...

I have the your and you're problem while talking on IM. I will admit that, but I'm aware of the fact that I've done it, after I do it. It's just something that I have to work on. IM talk has negatively affected my grammar.

As for the asterix thing, I do it sometimes, but not out of pride.

Bottom line is that I suck at typing. Never did get past 30 words per minute in that freshman typing course. And yes I still look at the keys a lot.

4:31 PM

 
Blogger david said...

*that

4:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home