What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Friday, July 01, 2005

"let me just go check on Mr. Brown's fluids, first...

and then I'll be right out for a smoke."

Ever notice the sad irony in how many people smoke right outside of HOSPITALS, including and especially hospital employees? At home, I live right next to a hospital, and now I walk past one everyday and it depresses me pretty much every time. Honestly. Sad.

Why I'm choosing to share this with you and possibly subject you to similar feelings in the future is food for thought, but hopefully there's some purpose to it. I'm not sure there is, but hopefully you'll come up with something.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I've always noticed this too, and for the most part, it seems to be the orderlies and whatnot, but some nurses and a couple doctors too. I always figured it the height of irony. The people know best the dangers of smoking, and probably deal with people harmed by it every day, yet during their breaks, they ignore what they've just seen to go alleviate some stress.

9:53 AM

 
Blogger Rell said...

ok this is so random -- but have you ever watched the "andy milonakis" show?

It's the worse thing ever... like there are no words to describe my hate for it.

1:31 AM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

never seen it (or heard of it)

and yes, that is very random...is there any connection at all?

9:24 AM

 
Blogger Jimmy said...

I've heard of it and seen previews on MTV but never watched it. My brother says its pretty weird. It seems to have absolutely no point.

Oh and on the smoking thing. I have seen its too often as well. I used to go to my mom's work at Duke sometimes after school and we would always pass by where all the clinicians would smoke outside. Some of them were my friends' parents. It's pretty sad.

8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home