What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

UVA thoughts

I should just say, "Wow" and leave it at that. But, I've been known to be a little loquacious from time to time, so I've got some stuff to say.

Rashad with 5. Good. Bad. As long as keeps on not forcing, it's fine. I just don't want him to suddenly hunt his shot a bunch at the beginning of the dook game or something. It would also be nice if he could play a legit HALF in the ACC--even though it was tough to argue with his first half fouls (the second-half one was ridiculous). The refs don't give him ANY breaks, and he just has to learn to play like that--even if it's not fair--because it's not going to change.

Virginia gave up. Don't forget that. That said, we kept our intensity and level of play up as well as I've ever seen us do. So that was encouraging.

The unselfishness of this team is a true beauty to watch sometimes. I love the jump passes.

If Felton leaves, getting the ball up the court next year is going to be a SERIOUS adventure.

It's wins like this that make my thoughts about this team stray dangerously into "emotional investment" territory.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Don't stray too far. A key stretch is coming up. State at home is a game we SHOULD win. At FSU is another big hump for us. And then without question the Duke game could go very far in terms of telling us the kind of fight we have. 3-0 would be great. 2-1 is acceptable. 1-2 is danger time. 0-3 is utter collapse, never to recover.

3:48 PM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

what about at UConn? Does that count?

3:51 PM

 
Blogger Rell said...

Call me emotionally invested but the four game stretch at Duke, at Florida State, home aganist NC State and at UCONN i would say we go 3-1 at WORST.

This team is very different from passed UNC teams. It's more like the teams we watched growing up, not the teams we watched in person during college.

They have all the tools and the Killer Instinct -- the only loss left (honestly) I see is either at UCONN or at Maryland.

No way we lose a home game this season.

7:05 PM

 
Blogger david said...

Bring out the brooms! Rell calling for the dook sweep!

11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home