What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

from 9.5/12 to a glorius 12/12

a ragtag post:

Today, I bansheed.

This means I submitted myself to complete shit all day and cranked out three articles for the next three weeks -- don't tell Paul O'Connor. The key thing here is, if I play my cards right, I'm done with "THE CLASS FROM HELL." J-skool vets know it as J-54, Reporting -- aka the end of all fun in life. But now, no more TCT: town council time. No more phone calls. No more harassing people who hate me. No more reporting. It feels good, and I ate pizza because of it.

also, in case you haven't seen it yet, boom goes the dynamite!!! While he never quite starts off as "the man," he does manage to "end up doing poorly." I think it's fake, but you can't help but laugh at Bogot, Hackem Warrick, and Wayne Summers rebounding out the list.

"Nickelodian Rugrats is coming to your town" -- yes, that commercial just came on again. I know I seem to be dealing a lot with commercials lately (maybe I do just watch that much TV), but this one just completely perplexes (and annoys) me. It's a lamely developed rap, aimed at kids, played on ESPN, to get people to go to a Durham Bulls game. To see Angela, from Rugrats. I know it's aimed at families, but somehow I don't think this is the best marketing scheme they could have come up with.

I will have another commercial post as soon as I memorize all the words to it. The ESPN sports cliche relationship talk one. I love the last line so much. And I vehemently deny that it is an indictment of my person to spend time memorizing commercials for the sole use of posting it on my blog to read 20 years from now when I wistfully relive my wonder years amid the shitty hell of a mid-life crisis in order to find the true essence of DTM.

I got my first denial from ESPN Deportes (which I didn't even apply to, go figure). More denials are certainly on the way. We're running out of time here. My future -- and beyond that my summer -- are going straight to hell. Okay, okay, reverse them. Either way, hell is coming.

I watched the new South Park. And loved it. I should have just made each week's South Park episode the weekly meme. I mean, it runs on Wednesdays. And at least that way Rell and Phipps and I could have talked about it, which would have smashed meme comment records to smitherenes. And Phipps wouldn't have to bitch about me not saying "goodbye" like he thinks we're in a relationship or something.

"A tradition unlike any other.....the Masters" begins tomorrow. I like this. Unfortunately, I have Black Thursday = shitty, Class-all-day Day. But go Tiger. And go magnolias.

A new permanent blog link has been added (take a bow Mr. Chris Bernal, the West Coast version of DTM), replacing Nick's -- sorry dude, but the 2 month hiatus just doesn't cut it. It's got some good basketball stuff and a lot of dook shit-talking, so it is easily worth me spending my time there. Plus I kind of like Arizona. And I hate dook. Did I already say that I hate dook?

Sadly, adding Chris' blog reminds me that college basketball is over (tear) and the last four links are going to sadly fade into oblivion for the next few months. I'd really enjoyed reading them, especially Pomeroy's. Perhaps the worst part all is that this means it's GASP! baseball season. In my best Old School impression of the office guy when he corners the Godfather and utters, teeth barred: "I HATE baseball." I know he says golf, but it wouldn't work quite as well that way, would it? Alas, goodbye links, my friends. Oh well, at least my pitiful showing in the ACC prediction will avoid my mouse click as well. *I still contend that if Elder doesn't get hurt, GT does A LOT better, and I win. This is how Freud taught me to protect my ego.

Oh, and I talked to the other half of BenDan for the first time in FOREVER today. Seems the Benjaman is living in Cordoba, Argentina and living life and loving it. He even caught the UNC game down there on ESPN VIVO!, so us Tar Heel fans were represented in the Southern Hemisphere, where the water swirls the other way (Cornholio effect?). Just kidding, I'm too much of a nerd to not remember Coriolis -- although spelling might be a different matter. Anyway, he is good, and celebrating, and talking to him was awesome.

That is it for today. From 404 Grimes, Chapel Hill -- via Argentina -- I'm DTM: chau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home