What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

"It will take the world by storm"

Or so we hope.

thus, we unveil the greatest creation of this modern age of instantaneous electronic communication:

TWSHIT

It's the new-age "LOL." Everybody's doing it. If you want to be cool, you'll "TWSHIT," too.

Seriously, just about anyone with a sane mind recognizes the extreme, wasteful absurdity of LOL. Personally, it drives me mad and I made a vow long ago to never use it. Except, imagine this, if I ACTUALLY did laugh out loud (which we all know, for me, happens about once a lifetime -- judging by the statistics that have come in so far). So, having PAID ATTENTION to the words it stands for and being confident enough in myself to not have to lie when conversing with faceless entities in entirely separate locales, I vowed only to use it when it would have legitimate validity. When it would be real. What a novel concept. Clearly (though not for the first time in my life), I was alone.

Evidently the world prefers to move along basking in false pretenses, with its mindless inhabitants (even those who do it with more frequency) concluding pretty much any line imaginable with the hated "LOL." In fact, I think the simple requirement of the mere existence of humor has disappeared -- the use of LOL in any scenario is ubiquitous, and instinctive. It has infected people to the extent that for most, using it precludes thought, which is sad on so many levels. We need to encourage thought wherever possible in this glorious age of mass stupidity, not find ways to expressly prevent it.

Something had to be done.

Enter, TWSHIT: There Was Some Humor In That. It's not over the top. It's quaint, to-the-point, and an accurate expression of feeling. Use it when you find something comical, but not to the point of laughing out loud. Use it in the stead of the despised LOL; return veracity and believability to your writing. Together, we can wipe out the wild fire of falsehoods lit by the insidious LOL. Together, we can allow TWSHIT to light the world.

Or, at the least, now you'll understand what I mean when I use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home