What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

march madness

there is not much to complain about for our games (except Jawad needs to get it back, and well, complaining about Melvin is a constant), so I give you an abridged version of my thoughts from an incredible first week:

best names: Abe Badmus, Kevin Pittsnogle

best story: Bucknell renting Northern Iowa's band by buying them pizza

best game: Wake-West Virginia, by far

worst performance: UConn's bigmen against State's horrendous lack of size

unbelievably clutch: Gansey, and to the same extent, Downey (and Paul for that 4 minute stretch where he never passed the ball, nor needed to)

best hustle: UW-Mil

biggest disappointment: not seeing but one play of the Vermont-Syracuse game, thanks CBS

biggest blunder: tie between McNamera's inexplicable TO and Bucknell almost choking it away with that horrible cough up and then the intentional foul

worst defensive player I've ever seen: Brenden Plavich

stone cold veins: Ronald Ross, money three pointer

best dunk: I loved Marvin's, but I might have to go with Hassan Adam's. Yes, I will have to do that. Too sick......well, upon remembrance and proper reflection of exactly where the ball bounced AFTER Marvin's dunk (near half court), I must call it a tie.

best hair: no idea

worst hair: Bogut's greasy mop by a mile. Then Adam Morrison

Best quote: Tom Brennan, anything he says -- especially if it relates to billboards, Paul Bunyan, God's son, or anything about life in Vermont

Weirdest quote: Bobby Knight -- wtf is a latter-day Santa Claus?

best moment: Us moving on to the sweet 16, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home