What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

what we do

basically nothing for the past two days. I did a shitload of work on Monday, and we had a good team meal tonight, and in between we watched a lot of TV, had some quality late night viewing (Making the Band 3 marathon and Old School, respectively), and basically did a whole lot of sitting on the couch on our laptops and watching TV (see the theme). While some may say this is boring and shitty, I love it. I need the break, and I am relishing it. Though I do realize the grand extent of my laziness. Still, there was one thing that sort of got done:

We had grandiose plans for a glorious beer pong table, and while she is still in her initial creation stages, she has been unfortunately delayed. Yes, the rainy weather, combined with a general malaise and lack of foresight on our part (i.e. paint thinner) has temporarily derailed our plans, but as we speak a beautiful piece of plywood with only half-realized potential sits outside on the porch, awaiting the caring touch of an artistic genius. What it will receive is the drunken caress of a college-aged male, and before I offend anyone (again), let me just say that anything "art" is far from my forte, and therefore it is unlikely I will play any grand role in the finer points involving the likes of colors and shapes and whatever else is artsy. But I'm there in spirit, and I can give a lacquer coat or two...

That said, the excitement definitely piqued more than I expected yesterday (before this shitty weather), and I am more enthralled with the idea of G-9's own home court now than when Phipps made the initial proposal. Why the change in heart? First, I hearkened back to the days of GJ rules, and all those crazy, unbelievable nights. And then, to add to my hope, I realized we will straight domm our lovely creation borne of haphazard skill. We will craft it to cater to our every bounce, we will know the intricacies of the grain like we know the back of our hand, we will utilize depth and shade to our every advantage in depth-perception, and we will play A FUCK LOT.

We win.

We win AGAIN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home