What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Friday, April 15, 2005

at times

the sadness reaches epic proportions.

Like when Gwen Stefani (an unbelievable musician -- remember No Doubt?) starts to produce utter crap and apparantly resorts to slutting herself out (in her new video) in order to get people to listen to it. And, oddly, when I say this, I refer to "Ain't no hollerback girl" or whatever the name of that horrendous song is. I apologize for not knowing more about it. Wait, no I don't. It's hideous, despicable, and wholly unbecoming. I wish I had never heard it, and never hear it again -- though I'm positive I will (it will be on the radio constantly).

She "sings/raps" about not being a "hollerback" girl, but I don't know if you can call it singing, or anything really. It is straight up the worst song that I can remember in a LONG while (10-15 years, no exageration). There's multiple verses devoted solely to bananas for chrissike. If you haven't heard it yet, be thankful. If you have, I apologize. Hopefully you can move on.

And the thing is, I like Gwen Stefani. In fact, I love her even. She's a great musical talent and hot as hell. But let's hope the public -- who clearly by now I have little faith in -- has the strength to recognize absolute shit (i.e. this song) instead of blindly following the paved paths of all that is popular. Because this horror of a song shouldn't be. Period. And now I'm going to have to get sick watching everyone fall in love with it (the Backstreet Boys part deux -- and I don't want to even think about their upcoming album).

So, please see through the crap and stand up and say, "Songs can and should be TONS better than this, and I'm not gonna buy this horseshit just because you are 'naked and famous' and hot as hell."

Please. This is all I ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home