What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Monday, May 23, 2005

oh the irony

yes, friends and mere perusers of dtm's humble online abode, I have been foiled, swindled, bamboozled, and fooled. Hoodwinked/bilked even (for Nick).

Well not actually, but there is definitely a ginormous twist of irony in the fact that I have one savior from psychotic tendency-inducing boredom at work...... and it comes in the form of a musical device for which I have had a particularly strong distaste for in the past. Yes, the iPod. My mortal enemy.

Of course I'm being hyperbolic -- even in my rants I admitted that I was a big fan of iPods. I just hate how they deter social interaction. BUT BUT BUT, when all you do for 8 hours a day is move books, write in books, or type data into an Excel Spreadsheet, the intimate connection between man and technological wunderkid musical device becomes......special. And wholly appropriate. And undeniably necessary.

And so the trash becomes treasure, and DTM a bigger hypocrite. (I've got to get off this hypocritical deal).

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

You have indeed been bilked by the dastardly iPod. However, hoodwiniking may or may not have taken place. Although since bilking did occur, I'd have to pu the hypothetical slash there and say that hoodwinking was also part of the ironic equation.

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Rell said...

"we didn't land on plymouth rock -- plymouth rock landed on us!"

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Jimmy said...

It might be considered only a half hoodwink/bilk since you didn't actually purchase it. So you sort of beat the system. You win again.

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home