What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

R.S.V.P.

Is there a more anachronistic word in the freaking "English" language? I mean, I know it's not a word, but still.

First off, nothing against them (at least not too much), but it's fucking French. (Repondez S'il Vous Plait, if you care).

Secondly, it's so old and outdated, nobody knows what it REALLY stands for ("Respond, if you please").

Thirdly, we use it wrong. (Most try to act like it's mandatory or something -- and it has sort of become so, as in it's rude not to).

Fourthly, it's four freaking words from a different language, acronymized (cool linguisitic creation by yours truly) by four letters that do not come anywhere close to forming a suitable acronym. It's not cool like radar or laser or scuba or D.A.R.E (wait, that's not cool either, but you get my point -- when was the last time you were like, "R.S.V.P. -- wow, that just rolled off the tongue!!!)

I could go on forever. But basically, you get the point. We need a new word to take over for this one. I suggest lorf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home