What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

First off

I'm not going to apologize for my extended absence. Or more accuratlely, my lack of posts. I hate when people do that. Frankly, I don't have anything to apologize for -- it's my life and if I don't have time or reason to post, then I won't. If that bothers you, deal with it, because I ain't changing my tune.

Moreover, I sincerely doubt any of you all are in any way importantly affected by my dearth of online activity, so I owe you nothing. It's summer, and summer is not a time for computers. At least not like school (even though with my FIVE jobs I'm on a computer even more than during school).

That said, let me explain what I do.

I live in the real world. Not the Real World (and I don't mean the show), mind you, just Version 1.0. It's a training module. For when I graduate and have to grow up. It sucks. I work a lot -- and I want to, don't get me wrong, because this blitzkrieg trip to Europe for August is looking to cost a pretty penny.

I have five jobs. I get up at 8. I go to bed around 3. I sleep on a couch. At various times in the last month I've had an ear infection (for like the first time in 20 years), a cough, allergies, and now a sore throat. My back is killing me. My lifestyle is not conducive to good health. When I do have free time, I work on one of my "at home" jobs.

And seeing as this schedule has robbed me of all fun time to play bball, or disc golf or tennis, I have to run simply to maximize time and because I can do it at 11:00 at night. Fun. Or the opposite. You pick.

So you see, I have good reason to be away. My life IS fun and exciting in a for serious way -- I just frequently lack the ability/motivation/reason to trek to the blogosphere.

I can hear you crying.

5 Comments:

Blogger david said...

"I walked by a dry-cleaner at 3am, and the sign says 'Sorry. We're closed'. You don't have to be sorry. It's 3am, and you're a dry-cleaner. It would be ridiculous for me to expect you to be open. I'm not gonna walk in at 10am and say 'Hey, I walked by here last night at 3 and you guys were closed. Somebody owes me an apology'" - Mitch Hedberg

5:00 PM

 
Blogger david said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:44 AM

 
Blogger david said...

And...Whats up with the postdating of your entries? It's still not 2:42pm on Sunday, June 5, 2005.

11:44 AM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

ahh...I started it at the lab.

I guess when I published it from home I missed the day by one....or maybe I just didn't know the date -- I get confused with that stuff.

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Rell said...

Cry me a freakin' River...



When I was coming up we worked 14 jobs during the summer, a different job everyday for two weeks then just repeated until the day before school started.

Most of em' consisted of workin 13 hours a day in the tobacco fields...


Na but best of luck man -- if you need to chill HollER at a playa...

11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home