What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

"The guy on the couch"

Yes, people, it happened. F i n a l l y . After an inglorious run of being "that guy? Oh, he sleeps on our couch," for one week short of a month, I once again have a bed, a room, and my pride.

Suffice it to say that never again shall I underappreciate the worth of a conglomeration of sheets, a matress, and a pillow or two. You can get by without 'em just fine for a few days or a week or two (especially when the first week involves passing out pretty much every night), but at some point when real life begins to require a real life schedule, the back says, "enough of this," and the need to catch up on the sleep that does not occur in the central living room becomes unbearable.

But why am I complaining? Today is a great day. The sun is bright, the air is crisp, and I feel refreshed. I haven't been able to say that since before finals.

Booyakasha! I have a room. And you can't take it away from me.

(and it doesn't even matter that I don't have a desk or a dresser or a chair or a nightstand or clean clothes (yes that smell is me (and yes that was a double, and this a triple parenthetical reference)) ....... -- although an appreciation blog entry for those undervalued bedroom items may be in store for the future)

(this has to be my earliest blog entry ever -- excepting the one just before this -- but I should stop being a sketchy employee and actually go work instead of hiding in the basement and playing on the Internet as my conscience is starting to catch up with me and I am beginning to doubt my inner character.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home