What can I say? It's my life, it's my times. Welcome.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

All plastic, all the time

change sucks.

I hate it. A lot.

The other day I paid for an envelope at the post office. It cost .04. I used my credit card. It was glorious.

I stopped carrying/keeping change about 4 years ago. It's not worth it. I long for the day when someone in the government grows a brain and we eliminate it altogether (I'd HAPPILLY settle for just the penny even though it would affect me not.)

The promise of "going completely electronic" has also got my hopes up far too high. It will happen, but I desperately want it to be soon. Change sucks. And it's heavy.

I also saw a commercial the other day from the U.S. mint. For new coins. Can anyone tell me why the U.S. mint is advertising? Seriously, great use of our tax dollars right there. "Let's get these nickels on T.V. and then people will.....what? use coins more? Fucking government.

but first, come hold my hand and we'll begin the coinless revolution. Together. You and me. You know you want to.

addendum: this crap $3.00 minimum for credit at cosmic is really fucking up my world

4 Comments:

Blogger david said...

Yeah, change sucks. And that is one thing about Europe that's messed up. 2Euro coins!? Who wants to spend $5 in a coin. Boo.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger david said...

and what do you usually get a cosmic that's under $3? Veggie burrito is the way to go...

12:30 PM

 
Blogger dantheheel said...

it used to be veggie, then the drinking ticket mandated old school veggie ($2.14!!!), now it looks like it may be back to the veggie -- PURELY to avoid change

4:12 PM

 
Blogger david said...

true...may be worthwhile...the rice is pretty damn good anyway...

5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home